EUROPEAN MARITIME DAY - 2018
HANDOVER - The Mayor of Poole, Councillor Lindsay Wilson accepts a gift from Ruka Bovadzhieva, the deputy Mayor of Burgas, Friday 19 May 2017.
hosting baton was passed on by the Mayor of Poole, Cllr Lindsay Wilson,
who closed the two-day event, by thanking all those that have supported
the conference before passing the baton on to next year’s host: “I
would like to convey my thanks to all speakers, exhibitors, Borough of
Poole staff, volunteers, and many others, who have helped make 2017’s
European Maritime Day such a successful and pleasurable event.
HANDOVER - Councillor Lindsay Wilson presents Ruka Bovadzhieva with a plate from a local pottery maker, Friday 19 May 2017.
Burgas is the second largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast and the fourth-largest in Bulgaria after Sofia, Plovdiv, and Varna, with a population of 211,033 inhabitants, while 277,922 live in its urban area. It is the capital of Burgas Province and an important industrial, transport, cultural and tourist centre.
EMD HEADLINE THEMES
* Brussels 2008: "A regional approach to the implementation of Maritime Policy"
* Rome 2009: "Integrated Maritime Policy and the contribution of maritime clusters"
* Gijón 2010: "How to foster innovation?"
* Gdansk 2011: "Maritime Policy: Putting People First"
* Gothenburg 2012: "Sustainable Growth from the Oceans, Seas and Coasts"
* Valletta 2013: "Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism"
* Bremen 2014: "Innovation driving Blue Growth"
* Piraeus 2015: "Ports and Coasts, Gateways to Maritime Growth"
* Turku 2016: "Investing in blue growth – smart and sustainable solutions"
* Poole 2017: "The Future of our Seas"
* Burgas 2018: Bulgaria "TBA"
* Lisbon 2019: Portugal "TBA"
* Cork 2020: Ireland "TBA"
* Den Helder 2021: The Netherlands "TBA"
* Ravenna 2022: Italy "TBA"
* Brest 2023: France "TBA"
* Svendborg 2024: Denmark "TBA"
CREATION - The European Maritime Day (EMD) was officially created on 20 May 2008 where the President of the European Parliament Hans-Gert Pöttering, Council President Janez Janša, and Commission President José Manuel Barroso signed a Joint Tripartite Declaration establishing it.
LINKS & REFERENCE
ENGLISH CH - GOC - GULF GUINEA - GULF MEXICO - INDIAN - IOC - IRC - MEDITERRANEAN - NORTH SEA - PACIFIC - PERSIAN GULF - SEA JAPAN - STH CHINA - PLASTIC - PLANKTON - PLASTIC OCEANS - SEA LEVEL RISE - UNCLOS - UNEP WOC - WWF
This webpage is copyright © Cleaner Oceans Foundation Ltd (Company No: 4674774) April 2017, Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom. The name Miss Ocean™ is a trademark of the Cleaner Oceans Foundation™. The names Amphimax™, SeaVax™ and RiverVax™ are trade names used under license.